The largest cardiac meeting in the Middle East, which brings cardiac scientists and care giver from the Gulf region and other parts of the world .
More than 10 Cardiac Working Group Work and has many activity during the year under the roof of Saudi Heart Association.
The Saudi National Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Committee (NCPR) since 1984 till now is working on dissemination of the resuscitation science throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SHA Issuing journals, bulletin and letters indicating the results of the research being done in its fields.Arranging scientific trips after approval of the appropriate authority.
Yearly events like World Heart Day (WHD) and other events for the local community in the Saudi Arabia .
Up Coming Event SHF 2019
WHO ARE WE? WHAT DO WE DO?
I am pleased to extend an invitation to all healthcare professionals to attend the annual Saudi Heart Association Scientific Sessions in its 30th edition (SHA30). The three day conference scheduled on March 7 – 9, 2019, will be held at the Crown Plaza Riyadh Hotel, a brand new venue that combines both elegance and spaciousness to accommodate over five thousand Cardiovascular health professionals.
As with every year, we promise to provide a rich and exciting scientific program that combines the newest updates in cardiovascular care, and highlights cutting edge technology employed in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases, along with local and regional scientific research. We have increased the number of joint scientific sessions between various SHA affiliated societies and Working Groups and International Societies and entities such as ESC, ACC, Houston Methodist, Cleveland Clinic, Gulf Heart Association, ASNC, and EACVI. Overall, SHA30 will organize more than 64 scientific sessions in 17 tracks, and will host more than 200 top experts in Cardiovascular Medicine from six continents. In addition to the exchange of knowledge, the SHA conference provides a great forum for networking between Cardiovascular Healthcare Professionals.
I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Fayez Bokari, the Head of the Scientific Committee for SHA30 and his outstanding team members in the committee, who are preparing an exciting scientific program. Dr. Mohammed Balghith, the Vice President of the SHA, and the Chairman of International Collaboration, has played an important role in coordinating and facilitating the Joint SHA and International Societies Sessions. Dr. Rami Abazid, with his exceptional research background in handling Research Abstracts, is working with his team to continue the SHA legacy and vision of being the sought after conference for local and regional researchers. The efforts dedicated towards building an exceptional scientific program is shouldered by an equally exceptional team in the SHA, led by Eng. Ahmad Emam, the Operations Manager, and Head of the Organizing Committee of SHA30.
The SHA30 conference this year is unique in two major aspects, the concurrent hosting of the Saudi Arabian Cardiac Interventional Society (SACIS) Forum in its 5th edition, and the Conference Theme: E-Health in Cardiovascular Care.Holding the 5th SACIS Forum along side the SHA30 Conference enhances the scientific content and provides synergy to this scientific event. Given the rich and extensive content of the SACIS Forum, a dedicated scientific committee has been formed under the leadership of Dr. Ayman Al Saleh.
The kingdom of Saudi Arabia is undergoing major changes in the way health care is practiced. It is imperative to upgrade the present health care system in order to accommodate our current and future health needs, especially in Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases. The National Transformation Program in its second version – NTP 2.0 and Vision 2030, has drawn a road map towards this new healthcare system.
Among the core strategic objectives of the NTP 2.0 in Health, is to build a Health Care System that is value-based, and in the spirit of transformation, and in recognition of our vital role as a Professional Society that supports the transformation efforts of Saudi Arabia, SHA has chosen E- Health in Cardiovascular Care as its theme for SHA30. This theme will be reflected in the Scientific Program, as well as in the Plenary Session, where top experts in e-Health Care will speak about its application in Cardiovascular Care.
On behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the SHA30 and the 5th SACIS Forum, I hope that you will join us in this exceptional national event.
SHA 2020 & 17th GHA Sponsor’s
To set standards for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease in Saudi Arabia.
To provide leadership and advice and perform applied studies on cardiovascular disease and to represent the interest of cardiovascular medicine at the Saudi national level and internationally.
To become the National Reference Authority on all aspect to cardiovascular care, science and practice to become the leading cardiac association in the region
- Aim for membership of the Association is to represent 75% of all cardiology staff working in Saudi Arabia hospitals.
- Aim to get the Saudi Heart Journal indexed in National Medical Library.
- Aim to implement Quality Improvement Initiative as a result of the full area registry result.
- Aim to start the National Cardiac Surgical Database.
- Aim to widen the participation in the Congenital Heart Disease Registry that was initiated by King Faisal Hospital & Research Center.
- Aim for a dedicated Heart House Building that shall House the SHA.
- Aim to consolidate participation in international meeting such as ACC,ESC and EUROPCR meeting.
- Aim to foster closer relationship with the ACC, ESC, CCS as well as the EUROPCR.
- Aim to promote quality cardiovascular meeting in Saudi Arabia through collaboration with the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
- Aim to encourage original research by awarding a Young investigator Award.
- Aim to collaborate with colleagues in the Gulf State on the completion of the Gulf ACS Registry.
- Aim to establish a research chair dedicated for cardiovascular research at King Saud University in Riyadh.
- Aim for a partnership with industry in order to increase the SHA resources and increase the effectiveness of delivering our public health massage in a professional manner.
- Aim for partnership with all interested institutions and organization in promoting the mission of the SHA.
- Giving the opportunity for the Members in the Association to contribute to the scientific development of its fields.
- Enhancing exchange of scientific thinking in its field among different institutions and disciplines in the Kingdom and abroad.
- Offering consultation and performing the appropriate studies to improve the level of performance in the fields of the Association in different institutions/disciplines.