The largest cardiac meeting in the Middle East, which brings cardiac scientists and care giver from the Gulf region and other parts of the world .
More than 10 Cardiac Working Group Work and has many activity during the year under the roof of Saudi Heart Association.
The Saudi National Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Committee (NCPR) since 1984 till now is working on dissemination of the resuscitation science throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SHA Issuing journals, bulletin and letters indicating the results of the research being done in its fields.Arranging scientific trips after approval of the appropriate authority.
Yearly events like World Heart Day (WHD) and other events for the local community in the Saudi Arabia .
WHO ARE WE? WHAT DO WE DO?
It’s with great honor that I welcome you to the Saudi Heart Association, your regional society that represents you and your interests in the field of cardiology. It’s been 32 years since the beginning of this outstanding organization that has gone through successful stages of growth and empowerment. With your support, the SHA has proven to be a major reference in the region and a source people look upto for guidance and leadership.
The SHA has worked hard as well to be the scientific reference for our local bodies with all the support and dedication to the Saudi Health Council, Ministry of Health, Saudi Food and Drug Administration and others. We have been able as over the years to provide research and fellowship grants through our sincere supporters and allies which has translated into many successful and productive projects that we are proud of. Our annual conference is one of its kinds in the region that every one awaits to receive the most updated knowledge and interact with top experts in the field nationally and internationally.
Under the auspices of the SHA lie many societies and working groups that have carried a great role in their specific fields with educational activities that enriched the cardiac knowledge and science, including workshops, symposia and guidelines and continue to progress and grow. Over the years our international collaborations have grown as well to enrich the science and knowledge in cardiac diseases and patient care.
Not to forget, an important aspect of our mission in the SHA is the health of the public and we have worked tremendously focusing on public awareness and education through campaigns, social media activities and educational material and will continue doing so knowing the important role and responsibility we carry in raising peoples’ knowledge and wellbeing.
Again, all this could not have been achieved or accomplished without your support and dedicated time and interest in the SHA’s mission and duty. Hoping that we continue the path that achieves our goals and serves our medical and public communities’ needs praying for the blessing of Allah the all mighty and all graceful and to guide us through the right path.
SHA 2020 & 17th GHA
SHA 2020 & 17th GHA Sponsor’s
To set standards for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease in Saudi Arabia.
To provide leadership and advice and perform applied studies on cardiovascular disease and to represent the interest of cardiovascular medicine at the Saudi national level and internationally.
To become the National Reference Authority on all aspect to cardiovascular care, science and practice to become the leading cardiac association in the region
- Aim for membership of the Association is to represent 75% of all cardiology staff working in Saudi Arabia hospitals.
- Aim to get the Saudi Heart Journal indexed in National Medical Library.
- Aim to implement Quality Improvement Initiative as a result of the full area registry result.
- Aim to start the National Cardiac Surgical Database.
- Aim to widen the participation in the Congenital Heart Disease Registry that was initiated by King Faisal Hospital & Research Center.
- Aim for a dedicated Heart House Building that shall House the SHA.
- Aim to consolidate participation in international meeting such as ACC,ESC and EUROPCR meeting.
- Aim to foster closer relationship with the ACC, ESC, CCS as well as the EUROPCR.
- Aim to promote quality cardiovascular meeting in Saudi Arabia through collaboration with the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
- Aim to encourage original research by awarding a Young investigator Award.
- Aim to collaborate with colleagues in the Gulf State on the completion of the Gulf ACS Registry.
- Aim to establish a research chair dedicated for cardiovascular research at King Saud University in Riyadh.
- Aim for a partnership with industry in order to increase the SHA resources and increase the effectiveness of delivering our public health massage in a professional manner.
- Aim for partnership with all interested institutions and organization in promoting the mission of the SHA.
- Giving the opportunity for the Members in the Association to contribute to the scientific development of its fields.
- Enhancing exchange of scientific thinking in its field among different institutions and disciplines in the Kingdom and abroad.
- Offering consultation and performing the appropriate studies to improve the level of performance in the fields of the Association in different institutions/disciplines.